Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Your Own Argument and Opinions

It is clear that the law is strict and to the point but it still runs into bumps. The exceptions to some of these laws is surprising. I learned that the laws that protect our work offer protection but it is not invincible it can buckle. The exact circumstances of huge case can change the outcome. My argument is that I feel the line between inspiration and infringement is too blurry and allows others to copy huge work of artist and with minimal additions and changes they can get awat with it. The talk about the contract how it is perfectly legal to make personal projects owned by the company while under their employment. It's pretty tricky to get a lawyer to represent you because they have to have a legitimate claim they feel they can win to make money. Not only that but just getting a lawyer is expensive and then the possibility of loosing and wasting more money especially on a case that last a while. I can see why some if these companies don't even bother suing, it is all way to complicated and too many what if's and depends. They only do take legal action when they know they can win or have deep pockets. I was pleasantly surprised to get a response from one of my lawyers. I was starting to think I had to make another list. Again the hardest part was not the writing, not even the interview, it was just the secretaries that get in the way. Hopefully I will not need to contact a lawyer any time soon. Many thanks to Ms. Lee who took the time to answer my questions. Now I know what to do in the future when someone tries to sue me or I need to sue someone. I need to get a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment